Tuesday 3 May 2011

Park life

So this is the pattern of a normal walk. We leave the flat. This bit is hugely exciting and I am always filled with anticipation, which I express by jumping and running about so Mummy can be in no doubt that I want this to happen very much. We go downstairs in a lift. This bit is boring but then not long until we get to the doors that you can see through to... OUTSIDE!!! Place of wonders, place of dreams, place of places to do busy busys freely. Obviously the first thing I do is busy one (up the pillar now because I can cock my leg up, but only the right one) then I do a little run, then sometimes busy two.
I always insist on us walking through the big garden where there are sometimes folks about before we go out into proper outside, with the roads and cars and stuff. Mummy sometimes resists this but I resist back and more often than not, this results in a Henry victory. So I have a little run around there and roll in the nice softy soft grass. There's always good sniffs about too. Once this walk phase is over (it can vary from 10 minutes to about half an hour, I'd guess) we go proper outside.
Now, I don't want to knock any of outside because it is all infinitely preferable to inside. But this in-betweeny bit is a bit tedious. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the sniffs. There's loads. It is the ground that is the problem - it is all hard and scratchy, not soft and diggable, like ground really should be.

Here is me and mummy on the hard ground

Anyway, we only have to do this bit for about ten minutes before Allelujah! We get to acres and acres of grass! With people! And dogs! On this particular day there was lots of people lying on the floor, which affords brilliant access, as you can see from the below example:

Me jumping on fun lying down man

Oh yeah, then there was this big group of men that really liked me too, so I played with them for ages:

That's me, on top of the guy third from left

Also in parks, you don't need toys, because the ground provides many natural ones for you. Like.... STICKS! Best invention ever - they fit easily into the mouth, are light and easily transportable and can be chewed too. This one was a really good one:

Check it out

Also, an excellent thing about these places called parks is that I am allowed off the lead. Mummy says I shouldn't be as my recall is not very good and I always run over to people - and what if the people don't like me? But she lets me anyway because I am so cute. Look, here is me being really independent:


Look at my confident stride

So folks, that's a typical walk for you. We didn't see many other dogs on this one but usually there are loads. No matter, people are much better anyway. 'Til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment