Wednesday 13 April 2011

People v dogs

This is a really tough question and it is something I spend a lot of time debating in my head, particular when presented with the opportunity to run and jump up either a dog or a person.
The case for people:
they don't bite my ears
they make nice high-pitched, sing songy sounds at me which make my ears feel nice and tingly
they give me treats
about 95% of them fuss and love me, which makes me feel really warm inside

The case against people:
they don't look like me
they use their mouths a lot to say things I don't understand but am presumably meant to
their feet are big and hurt if they stand on me
there are 5% that ignore me
they don't play chase as much as dogs
they don't do rough and tumble play fights like other dogs
they don't let me eat their food (well, sometimes, but not often enough)

The case for dogs:
They look like me and are generally about my height!
Some of them like to play - nicely I mean, not bitey
Some of them let me sniff them
I can chase them and they are as fast as me, not like slow people

The case against dogs:
About 50% of them don't like me and are either mean or ignore me (a higher % than no of people who don't like me)
Some are too rough, with big paws that squish me and teeth that hurt on my tummy
Some don't smell nice
Often, they won't let me play with their stuff - toys, balls etc

So I guess people win then really, because the most important factor for me, as you know, is attention, and I deffo get more of it from the tall folks. But then there are some specific dogs that I like, like Jeanie. And Tilly. I'll make an exception for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment