Thursday 3 February 2011

The park

Everyone looks at me. I must be very important. I like it when they do because they might play with me or give me a treat. But actually today we went to this place called "the park" and I was astonished at the number of people who didn't come and say hello. It made me feel quite dejected actually. Normally the ones that stop and stroke and fuss me are a bit like mummy but older or like mummy but with these things they push on four wheels. These people are also usually with smaller people, who waddle and hold the hands of the bigger people, and who I like very, very much. I often get to say hello to the little people. Most of them really like me but some are a bit shy. I have to be a bit careful not to bite them as their hands are so small, but sometimes I'm just too excited and forget. I hope they still like me afterwards.

We went to "the park" on a thing called a "bus." It was the first time I had been on one. It was just ok - I really wouldn't get excited about it though. Mummy took me to "the park" in that bag.



I have to admit that I have a bit of a love hate relationship with it. It is not about the design, I'm a dog, so obviously do not care whether there is a floral Liberty print inside and a fashionable scratchproof tweed on the outside, with real brown leather straps. No. I don't care whether it cost £180, which I have heard mummy say to herself but never to other people. No, I have thought about it a lot, and on balance, I am prepared to tolerate it. It is very restrictive and a bit bumpy when mummy walks, but it does mean that we can go out and about and I get to see stuff.

Later, when we got back, I went outside on the balcony and looked around. I think I am meant to use it just for "busy busys", but I've discovered that it has so much more to offer, such as tasty plants, soil, and scratchy, diggy things.

Sometimes I can see people from out there, on other balconies or on the floor. But not today, which was a bit disappointing. I did a "busy busy" on the nice, soft wood today but Mummy never seems that happy with me when I do that. She is always much more happy when I do it on the yellow thing, but I don't like that as much as it is a bit slippy and colder on my paws. So on balance, I think I'll keep doing it on the wood. I can make mummy happy in other ways.



Btw: the last two days have been particularly great because she's been giving me these new tasty treats. They are way tastier than anything else. In fact, I don't think I'll bother eating anything else ever again. The stuff in the green bowl is just so uninteresting by comparison. I'm thinking about those yummy treats now but I'm too tired to go and ask for some.


ps. If you think I am cute now, you should have seen me four weeks ago



I told you so. Until tomorrow, Henry fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment