Thursday 10 February 2011

Rain = yuck

Do you know, I am not really sure what to say about today. On the one hand, I'm not one to turn my nose up at new experiences. But on the other, when that new experience involves large quantities of water falling out of the sky, wetting the floor, wetting my fur, wetting everything, you have to wonder whether it is worth having that experience, or whether you'd be better off at home, on a nice dry sofa, chewing a stuffed toy pheasant.
It just ruins everything. Even people's faces look saggier. And now I've got this funny damp smell that just smells of outside all the time.

You can see I still look a bit wet here, and this is two hours after we got home:


Thank heavens we came back when we did. I mean, I almost thought I was going to wee on mummy I was so desperate to go but I don't want to go anywhere but on the soft thing on the balcony. Mummy kept saying "busy busy" whenever we were on soil, or grass, or near trees, but I just can't DO it there! Doesn't she understand? It is NOT THE RIGHT PLACE. I can't just go around busy busying everywhere, even if other dogs clearly do.. I just can't. Anyway when we got home I rushed to the balcony but didn't make it and did a big wee on the rug - all that saving it to fail at the final hurdle! At least I was close, and mummy didn't mind too much.

You know, it occurred to me today that we haven't talked much about daddy. He isn't around as much as mummy but I love him just as much, in a different way. He has fur on his chin (good for biting) and that makes him a bit more like me than mummy is. He also has fur on his chest that I like to bury into when we are on the soft "bed" thing, as that is usually the only time I have access to it. He is really good fun and is much better to bite than mummy, perhaps because he actually lets me bite him a bit. He perhaps doesn't play with me as much, but when he does it is WAY more fun! He goes to this place called "work" whereas mummy works from home. I get sad when he leaves and usually lie where he lies in the bed after he has gone to remind me of his smell, even though he isn't there. He does come back from work later on in the day, when it is dark outside usually. Whether or not he plays with me then depends rather on what mood he is in. Sometimes he just watches the flat square thing - when daddy watches it it usually shows yellow fake people with funny hair, googly eyes and weird accents. I actually hate it when that is on because it usually means daddy isn't playing with me.

Other stuff I did today: played with rope chew and ate a meat bone. It was frozen at first, but not by the time I had finished licking all the yummy stuff off it!

Here is me with rope chew:


Do you think I am looking older yet? Mummy thinks so because I am longer and have longer whiskers and stuff. I do feel a bit bigger compared to other dogs. Like, I was almost the same size as that dog Stanley as puppy class last night. He really wanted to play with me and it was so amazing because we were actually allowed to play with each other! That never really happened at the old place. We played and played - sometimes him on top, sometimes me, sometimes biting each others faces, sometimes necks. I was quite sad to leave but mummy did say that we could go again next week and that Stanley would be there. He is by far my favourite, although it would also be fab if I could play with that soft white and brown girl dog, Poppy. She was too far away last night. I'm praying actually that next week I get to sit between Stanley and Poppy. Make it happen mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment